by Regina Sutton
Having a printer device connected to your computer might often lead to you to several errors. Usually, what happens is that the printing device comes across the error 0x97, causing the printer to stop working.
Although, there are several reputed brands to manufacture the printers, such as HP, Canon, and etcetera, but Epson printers are also fairly accepted by the tech explorers. Just like the other printers, an Epson printer is also likely to meet an error.
The error in this case is quite similar to that of the Windows Error Code 0x803F8001. This means that both the errors are caused in the system of the computer. If compared to the usual errors of a printer, such as the cartridge misbalance or the paper being stuck, the errors to be occurred in the system are much more difficult to solve.
The error 0x97 is supposed to trigger a message to appear on the screen of your computer. In this message, the system asks you to turn the Epson printer off and on. If you do not fix the error, immediately, your printer would stop working, and you won't be able to print anything, later.
If you are here to get to know about the fixes of the Epson Error Code 0x97, then keep reading the article, because here, you will get all your queries solved.
As always, let us start with the basic information, so that you would be able to solve the problem, easily.
The Epson Error Code 0x97 is a sign that your computer's system is dealing with a certain type of problem. Also, the error might also be caused by the hardware inconveniences. Although, if compared to the computer's system error, the hardware inconvenience is not much of a serious issue. Nevertheless, both of the problems need to be fixed, technically. You would need a reliable guidance to the fixes of the respective error. Here, in this article, we will be your ultimate guidance!
This error is supposed to occur when your Epson printer is working. It appears in the form of a message on the screen of your device. You will not see such an error appearing on the screen, when the printer is off. The respective message is likely to appear in the middle of a printing process. After the message appears, identifying the Epson Error Code 0x97, the Epson printer will stop working.
The Epson Error Code 0x97 is not limited to any specific printer model. This error has been reported by the users of different Epson printer models. However, Epson WF-3640, the old version of the Epson printer, is said to face the error code 0x97 more frequently than any other model of Epson printer.
Now, let us talk about the core causes of error code 0x97. If you are willing to know all about the Epson Error Code 0x97, then please, keep reading.
In case of any error code appearing, you should make sure that whether the system of your computer is working fine or not. Because, it can cause more problems than the hardware issues. For example, you connect a USB device to your computer, but the screen displays the message of " USB not recognized." What shall you do in such a case? You should check for the system errors in the software internal of your computer. This way, solving the internal system problem may get the hardware issue solved, too.
If the problem, which people usually known as a malfunction, arises from somewhere deep in the system of a computer, then it is not going to be something very easy to locate and resolve. In order to perform a quick process of fixing, you can try to scan the computer system for the detection of any malfunction. For such a purpose, you can use an anti-virus.
Apart from the system of your computer, you should also check the hardware of the printing device, thoroughly. To do so, you can check if there is a paper stuck in between the rollers of your Epson printer, the cartridge is placed properly, or the plates are clean enough to process any further. Once done, you can restart the device, and see if the Epson Error Code 0x97 still appears or not.
There are many third-party programs that promise you to solve the problems you are facing in your computer. But, they can also be a scam in disguise. Not every third-party agent is reliable. Hence, you have to be very careful about the fixing of Epson Error Code 0x97.
There are going to be no hints of the error 0x97, before you operate the Epson printer connected to your computer. There aren't any early warnings. Thus, you cannot prevent the error from occurring. Although, once you get to know about it, you can immediately fix it by performing some easy methods. We have also mentioned the respective methods for you, in this article. If you want to know what those methods are, then you must continue reading.
But, before moving on to the major methods, you should know that you can also perform a quick method of unplugging and plugging-in of the Epson printing device. These quick methods also include cleaning the hardware, checking if the nozzle of the printer is clogged, or the paper is being jammed. If none of these work, then you shall move on to the major fixes of the Epson Error Code 0x97.
What are the Methods to fix the Epson Error Code 0x97?
The working surety of each method depends upon the model of Epson printer which you are using. Other than that, it is not necessary that each one of the listed methods will work for you. Although, a few of them must do the work for you. In order to know which method works for you the best, you shall try each one of them unless you find the best fix to the Epson Error Code 0x97 of your device.
1. Navigate to the official website of the Microsoft website.
2. Download the Microsoft's Printer Troubleshooter.
3. Install it, once downloaded.
4. Now, run the troubleshooter without any further ado.
5. Try to follow the instructions displaying on the screen on your computer.
6. This is also possible that you might not know how to keep up with the Epson printer. In this case, you shall be directed by the user manual. Just follow the instructions, and you are good.
This is by far the easiest and the quickest way to solve the Epson Error Code 0x97. This method includes the unplugging of the Epson printer's cable, and then plugging it in, again. This way, the Epson printer might start working fine, once restarted. If you are a new user of an Epson printer, then you might want to know the steps to do it. The steps are mentioned below.
1. Start by unplugging all the external cables attached to your computer, including the printer's.
2. Now, open the printer's casing.
3. If you find any jammed paper, remove it, properly.
4. Next, you shall remove the cartridges from the printer, only to place them in a safe tech equipment box.
5. Press the computer's power button.
6. Plug-in every cable back.
7. Lastly, you can turn on your computer to see if the Epson Error Code 0x97 still exists or not.
If you want to see a demonstration video on how to connect the printer with your computer by using a USB, then click on the link below:
If the previous method does not work for you, we have also figured out an alternative to it. You can use this method as a substitute of the previous one. All what you need to do is follow the easy and quick steps mentioned below.
1. Turn off the Epson printer.
2. Unplug every cable that has been attached to your computer.
3. After doing so, wait for five minutes.
4. After five minutes, press the power button of your device, and hold onto it. You shall keep it pressed for about a minute.
5. Meanwhile, plug-in the power cable back.
6. Press and hold the power button for another 60 seconds.
7. After 60 seconds, you can release the hold from the power button of your Epson printer. You're good!
This is also one of the easiest methods to perform as a solution to the Epson Error Code 0x97. By this method, you would be able to remove the jammed paper from the Epson printer, if any.
In order to do so, follow the easy and quick steps mentioned below.
1. If you are planning on printing any kind of document, make sure to cancel the process before you proceed any further.
2. Unplug all the USB and regular cables from your computer.
3. Disconnect the printing device from your computer, too.
4. Once done with the above steps, open the cover of the printer, and see if there is any jammed paper or not.
5. If you find a jammed paper, take it out, and throw it away.
6. Now, you can replace the can replace the cartridges with the new ones, or you can insert the existing ones.
7. Press the power button to make sure that there isn't any residue left.
8. Lastly, you can plug-in the printer to your computer, again. Try to print any document, and see if the Epson Error Code 0x97 still bothers the printing process or not.
If you want to watch a video about how to get rid of a jammed paper in an Epson printer, then click on the link below:
When an Epson Error Code 0x97 occurs, there is a fair chance of the ink cartridges being the cause of the respective inconvenience. Hence, you should always make sure that the ink cartridges are placed properly. If not, you can follow the steps mentioned below. We are always here for you!
1. Just like all the other methods, start off by unplugging all the cables from your computer.
2. Next, disconnect all the connected USB devices from your computer.
3. Now, you can remove the ink cartridges.
4. Press the power button on the printer. This way, you have released all the remaining current of the machine.
5. A few minutes later, plug-in all the cables back to the computer.
6. Reinsert the ink cartridges to the printer.
7. Turn on the power of the Epson printer.
8. Now, see if the Epson Error Code 0x97 has been fixed or not.
To see how to replace the ink cartridges in an Epson printer, navigate to the link below:
If you have been using your printing machine for a long time, then there is a fair chance of the internal parts of the printer being dirty. These dirty internal parts might as well give rise to the Epson Error Code 0x97. This dirt can be caused by the misplaced ink cartridges or the jammed papers. In such a case, you should clean the printer as soon as possible.
In order to do so, follow the steps mentioned below. Make sure that you perform each step in a proper manner.
1. First, turn off the Epson printer.
2. Secondly, open the casing of your printer.
3. Now, take a wet tissue.
4. With the help of the wet tissue, clean all the possible parts of the printer. Give extra attention to the mechanical pads. Use more wet tissues, if needed.
5. Once you have cleaned the printer, wait for the cleaned parts to dry.
6. Now, turn on the printer, and see whether the Epson Error Code 0x97 still occurs or not.
Whenever you come across an error in your computer, you should always consider checking the drivers of the computer system. In such cases, there is a fair chance of them being outdated. If so, you shall immediately fix it!
All what you would be needing to do is look up for the latest version available of the existing driver. You can find it on the manufacture site. Then, you can download it from there, and install it later.
As an alternate, you can also update the existing driver, automatically. This way, you will not be needing to look up for the latest version of the driver. Instead, all what you would have to do is install the best driver updater for your computer.
Once you get done with updating each driver which needs an update, you can successfully get rid of the annoying Epson Error Code 0x97.
Just like the human beings, machines also need to keep up with cleanliness. Since the machines are unable to do this on their own, the owners of the respective machinery are supposed to do this task. Same goes for the printer.
When it has been a long time since you last cleaned up your Epson printer, it might be covered in dirt by now. The cleanliness of such devices is not only limited to the external casing, but also the internal parts.
This dirt in the printers might lead your computer to errors like the Epson Error Code 0x97.
In order to clean the clogged nozzles of your printer, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. For the safety purpose, turn off the printer.
2. Unplug all the external cables from it.
3. Get yourself a wet piece of tissue or towel.
4. Start by cleaning the inner surface of the casing of your computer.
5. Use a cleaning fluid which has ammonia in it, to wet that piece of cloth.
6. Move the print head to the center, making sure that the ammonia soaked piece of cloth is still in its place.
7. Leave the device as it is, and wait for the next 12 hours. Be patient!
8. Once done, turn on the printer, again. See if the Epson Error still appears or not.
To get an access to the video demonstration of how to unblock the clogged nozzles of an Epson printer, click on the link below:
Contacting a Hardware Technician
Just like you consult a doctor when you cannot deal with your health issues, you should also consult a hardware technician when you are unable to fix the error occurring in it, by yourself. There is no shame in taking help of a professional when you cannot do it on your own. It is for your benefit, remember.
Although, this might be a little costly. But, always remember that this is to benefit you and fix your problem, and that in a professional way. However, it does not mean that you should not try to fix the error on your own. The priority must be of fixing it on your own by applying the mentioned methods on your printer/computer. But, when you have tried it all, yet still you are unable to fix the respective error, then there is no harm in trying out a technician for the resolve.
Contacting the Manufacturers of the Epson Printer
Be it any kind of an issue, the customer care support is always there to help you out with the problems you have regarding the item you own. Similarly, when you come across an error which you find difficult or almost impossible to fix on your own, try to contact the support team of the manufacturing company of your device. The customer care will surely guide you by giving you the instructions about how to deal with a certain error.
If your printer is new, then you might as well take advantage of the warranty provided by the manufacturing company. This way, you would be able to fix the error, professionally, and that without spending a single penny.
Also, this is why you should never throw away the guide book to any of your tech devices. Those guide books help you in the most crucial moments of your tech devoted life. Mostly, people are not interested in keeping any such book at first. But, just as they start to face errors, one after one, they get to realize how important it is to keep the guide book safe and secure, just like the device itself.
You do not have to second guess the choice of applying a method when it comes to us. Your devices' safety is our priority! We always want the best for you! And this is why we have always chosen the most reliable methods of all.
If you have an Epson printer or any other printer, and you are facing any error similar to the Epson Error Code 0x97, then you shall immediately fix the error. You can depend on us, because we have got you! We have mentioned those methods which are safe to use. Not to mention that each one of the methods is also very easy to understand and apply, because of the way we have arranged the steps for you.
It is good to be concerned about such issues, specially, when you are living in a world full of scams in disguise. Not every promising content is going to be the best for you. You shall be very careful.
With us, you can get as comfortable as you want. Precisely, all the methods mentioned above are absolutely safe and easy to apply on your computer or other mentioned technical devices.
If you are thinking about which method of the above is going to work for you, then let us tell you that not every method is going to fix the Epson Error Code 0x97. Some of the methods might work, while the others might not work for you.
The working surety solely depends upon the model of the printer you are using. Moreover, you never know the reason behind that error. It can be any of the previously mentioned reasons. Be patient!
About Regina Sutton
Regina's blogging journey began several years ago when she started a personal blog as a creative outlet. Her unique perspective, combined with her ability to engage readers through her words, quickly gained attention and a loyal following. As her blog gained popularity, Regina expanded her content to cover various topics, including travel, lifestyle, fashion, and self-improvement.
Come here for FREE Gifts. We want to share some nice tips and great tricks. First, disable your adblocker for them
Once done, hit anything below