YouTube is one of the most loved apps by the users. Every other person reports to use YouTube on a daily basis. When you finished scrolling to through the latest feed on Facebook, or when you are bored by the same celebrities' faces on Instagram, yet you are still bored, not knowing what to do, your fingers automatically do their magic all the way till they tap on the YouTube app.
There you go! Now, you have unlimited videos to choose from. From reactions to venting, songs to movies, news to sports, YouTube has it all. Believe us when we say that YouTube is your best companion in the boredom hours.
Millions of content are uploaded on YouTube, daily. This can lead to an endless searching process. As surreal as it may sound, people are turning into a YouTube addict on a daily basis. One search leads to another, and every result is better than the previous one. Hence, the loop is endless.
The creators take good care of the app, while keeping up with the updates. But, what if the app suddenly stops working? Would that be annoying? Yes! Annoying and really very upsetting. When we talk about the YouTube stopping to work, there might be two cases. Either the site is down, globally, or you are facing some internal system technical issues due to which you are likely to be in such a situation where YouTube stops working.
If you are also one of those people who are facing issues while using YouTube, and it is not a global issue, then you should fix it. How? We will tell you! All what you need to do is keep reading till the end, because we have listed down a fair range of methods which you can apply in order to fix the problem you are facing while using YouTube.
If you are facing the problem in an Android device, then the following methods are for you.
Many of the system errors can be fixed by restarting your Android device. It hardly takes a minute to get your phone restarted. It is also by far the quickest and easiest method which you can apply to fix the error occurring while using the YouTube app.
If you do not know how to restart your phone, let us explain it to you, step wise. Just follow the simple and easy steps mentioned below.
1. Press the power button of your device. Hold onto it.
2. Tap on the option saying Restart.
3. Once the device restarts, open the YouTube app, search of a video, and see if it plays for you or not.
There is a fair chance of the YouTube videos not being played due to a misconnection of your device to the Wi-Fi. Thus, when you face such an issue where the YouTube stops working, go to the Settings of your device, and see if you are connected to the Wi-Fi. If you are, then try opening Google on Google Chrome, and see if the page loads or not. If the page does not load, it is a hint that you have a problem in your Wi-Fi connection. But, if the navigation to Google is performed successfully, then the problem is not in the Wi-Fi connection.
In order to make sure that you are connected to the Wi-Fi, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Go to the Settings of your Android device.
2. Open Wi-Fi Connection and Tethering Hotspot or any similar option.
3. Now, see if the connection is smooth or not.
4. If not, reconnect by reentering the password.
When the YouTube application does not work on your Android device, there is a slight chance of it being caused by the outdated version of Android. Hence, in such a case, you would have to fix it by updating the Android version of your device. To do so, follow the instructions mentioned below.
1. Go to the Settings of your device.
2. Depending on the system of your device, locate System Updates which might be in the folder of About Phone.
3. If an update of the Android version is available, then download it.
4. After downloading, install it.
5. Once done, open the YouTube application, and play a video to see if the error still occurs or not.
Clearing the cache data of your Android system helps you in experiencing a smooth performance of the applications installed on your device.
It is also important to keep up with the clearing of the cache data, so that the future errors are prevented from occurring.
Similarly, in case of the videos not being played on the YouTube app, you should try to clear the cache data of YouTube, and you might get rid of the error.
If you do not know how to do so, follow the easy steps mentioned below.
1. Navigate to the Settings of your Android device.
2. Tap on the application icon of YouTube.
3. Now, tap on the Clear Cache option. This way, you have cleared all the trapped data, successfully.
As weird as it might sound, the date and time settings can affect the syncing of the apps' system, and this can lead to the inconvenience such as YouTube not working.
But, this is a very easy thing to fix. All what you need to do is follow the easy steps mentioned below.
1. Go to the Settings of your Android device.
2. Tap on Date & Time.
3. Turn on the option of Automatic Date &Time.
If none of the above mentioned methods works for you, then the only method left to perform is of updating the YouTube app on your Android device.
If you want to update the YouTube app on your Android device, then follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Open the Google Play Store app.
2. When you see the My Apps & Games option, tap on it.
3. If an update is available, tap on the Update option.
4. Once done, you can open the YouTube app, and see if the video is playing or not.
If you are facing trouble at using YouTube on Google Chrome PC, then you shall try to update the browser of your PC. It might sound a little tricky, but it is just as possible as the other methods we discussed.
All what you need to do in order to update the Chrome is mentioned below in the form of some easy and simple steps.
1. Open Chrome.
2. You can see the three vertical dots on the top right corner of the browser. Click on those dots.
3. Just as you do so, a list of options will appear on your screen. Select the option of Help.
4. Now, choose About Google Chrome.
5. Click on Install.
6. Now, a list of instructions will appear. All you need to do is follow those instructions.
Just as we mentioned it earlier about how a misconnection between the internet and your Android device might cause such an error, similarly, such a misconnection can also lead to the YouTube error in your PC.
If you are willing to fix this, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Open www.google.com or any other random website to check if the internet connection is working just fine.
2. If you are not connected to the internet, then get connected.
3. If you are having the problems related to the router, reset it.
4. After making sure that the router and every other thing related to the internet connection of your device is fine, open YouTube, and see if it is working or not.
1. On the top right corner of the browser, you will see three dots placed vertically. Click on them.
2. Select the Settings option.
3. Now, Click on the Advanced option.
4. Now, select Site Settings under the option of Privacy and Security.
If you are able to watch YouTube videos in the incognito mode, but cannot open YouTube in the normal window of Chrome, then you should clear the cache and cookies of the browser.
To do so, follow the easy steps mentioned below.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. On the top right corner of the browser, you will see the three dots placed vertically. Click on them.
3. Now, from the menu list, choose More Tools.
4. Now, select the option of Clear Browsing Data.
5. Once done, see if the YouTube works or not.
All of the above methods will help you in getting a smooth and error free access to the YouTube app/site. Also, all of the methods mentioned above are completely safe and easy to perform by yourself. So, let us know which method worked for you. Also, do not forget to share the article with your friends and family.
Check These Out